This year we have chosen 5 specialised committees to debate and resolve different aspects of current affairs. These are the 5 committees and the topics you will be discussing:
Security Council (SC):
- Measures to reduce political interventionism in armed conflicts.
- Measures to promote international democracy and limit political corruption.
Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR):
- Measures to promote international human rights protection against discrimination based on sexual orientation and sexual identity.
- Measures to prevent political persecution
Disarmament and International Security (DISEC):
- Working towards total elimination of nuclear weapons.
- Taking measures against weapon trafficking.
Committee on the Peaceful Uses of Outer Space (COPUOS):
- Measures to implement rights in outer space, with special regard to SpaceX’s plan of colonizing Mars.
- Deterring and, ultimately, eliminating space debris production.
World Health Organization (WHO):
- Measures to prevent illegal organ trafficking by providing essential media resources.
- Measures to ensure the rights of women towards abortion by providing minimum sanitary resources.